DIY Vinyl Siding Cleaner Recipe From Items You Already Have!
It’s that time of year! The time when pollen and other airborne algae hit the air and also your vinyl siding. That green coat covering your once perfectly bright house must go! But in the age of social distancing, so many of us are not heading to the home improvement store for reasons that are not technically “necessary”. With that in mind, we wanted to share with you a few great DIY recipes and hacks that can help get your vinyl siding looking nice and clean again.
The great thing about this recipe is that most of these ingredients can be found within your home already. If you don’t have all of these ingredients, more than likely you have most of them! This recipe, mixed with a great scrub brush is bound to remove that nasty algae and mold from your vinyl siding. It’s also important to make sure that your brush is a soft-bristle brush so that you don’t damage the siding.
Now, if you siding is really in a bad spot, there is always the option of a great pressure washing! These can be rented or purchased if it’s something you feel you could use for other to-do’s around the house.
Okay, so what if as you are cleaning up spots here and there you begin to notice that your siding is just not in a good spot altogether? Well, that’s where we come in with some help! At Window Source of West Texas, we offer a variety of siding options:
Prodigy® Insulated Siding
premium panel thickness (nominal)
- Up to five times the impact resistance versus hollow back siding
- Industry-leading 1½” thick insulation (nominal) wraps your home in a blanket of insulation to help reduce utility costs year round and provide a warm and inviting living space
- Secure interlocking panel design provides a tight fit with no insulation gaps and clean, classic course lines
- Prodigy’s premium vinyl surface repels downpours while the insulating layer breathes freely to keep your home comfortable and inviting
- 16’8″ extended length panel design creates the look of natural wood and does not require face nailing or unsightly caulking
- .046″ premium panel thickness (nominal)
- Alside’s flagship siding product, combines authentic wood beauty with unmatched durability, performance and maintenance freedom
- Exclusive TriBeam® design gives Charter Oak superior strength
- Charter Oak is up to five times more rigid than the competition
- Charter Oak siding has been independently tested to withstand Category 5 hurricane-force winds
- .040″ thickness (nominal)
- Available in 4-1/2″ clapboard and dutch lap profiles
- An occasional rinse with a garden hose will keep Conquest’s natural cedar grain texture and low-gloss finish beautiful year after year
Our expert sales and installation team works efficiently to ensure that your vinyl siding is replaced in a clean, and thorough way. If you think it’s time to replace the vinyl siding on your entire home or even just part of it, give us a call!