Written by owner Sandy Nelson
Wow, 2022 was one for the books. Every year, I am so blessed to be a part of something so wonderful and to be surrounded by such incredible people — from my team, to my family and friends.
I wanted to take a moment to look back on all that 2022 brought for my family and I on a personal and professional level. As anyone that knows me knows, I am not only a business owner in our amazing community but I am also a member of this community. I am a wife, a mom, a sister and a friend to so many in the Midland area.
To my team, I want to say thank you for working hard everyday to provide the exceptional service you do for our customers. To my family, thank you for always standing by me and supporting my endeavors. This dream we’re building would not be a reality without you.
And to our loyal customers, the biggest thank you goes out to you all! When I started this business, I wasn’t sure what to expect but with each phone call and each job, I learn more and more every day that YOU are the biggest reason I have to feel such immense gratuity. So thank you to our wonderful community, I am so blessed.
Now to the fun part! Here’s a quick look at some of my favorite moments from 2022 — personal and professional.
- Hiring my husband to work with me – he is now my official team member at The Window Source of West Texas (seriously, he’s got the shirt and everything) outside of my team member for life.
- Expanding our team in more ways than one. This year, we welcome Lisa to the team! She was the addition we didn’t know we needed and I am so grateful she chose to join us. Additionally, there are several other team members that play more of a behind-the-scenes role that I couldn’t be more grateful for (Melissa, Jay, Elijah & Casey, thank you for all you have done!)
- Watching my sister make such incredible leaps in her career and grow in a way that I always knew she would. I am so proud to be your sister and best friend, Melissa!
- Continuing to be seen as a role model to others, especially women, who have a dream of starting their own business. Each year, I have conversations with other women who are looking to take the leap and I feel so grateful that my words have the impact they do.
- Doubling our sales in November 2022 (now this was a way to round out the year!)
- Expanding our product line by signing on with a new window and door manufacturer (our customers get to reap the benefits of this one, haha)
- Our 2022 Christmas party was an absolute blast. Unfortunately, everyone was too busy celebrating to snap any photos but just picture a bunch of window installers and sales reps talking about something other than windows while having several laughs…it was great!
- As a member of the board for Professional Women in Building, I was able to take part in granting 6 students from the Permian Basin $3,000.00 scholarships for the 2022 – 2023 year. I never thought I would be able to give back to the community in such a profound way and feel so blessed to be in the position now to do so.
- And a round of applause for my daughter who went to Nationals for gymnastics this year! Mommy, Daddy and sister are SO proud of you!
Comment below, what was your favorite part of this year? I love getting to know the members of this amazing community and look forward to getting to know more in 2023.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!